[Big Bend Live Music is a feature brought to you by Matt Hodges, Contributing Editor Music. If you have a gig you’d like to share with the world, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org]
Matt’s Random Video This Week is:
“With A Spirit” by Sound System 009. I know, this is the stupid song everyone puts on their “People Falling Down Funny” or “Best Party Pics” photo and video compilations on You-Tube. It’s 9 minutes long (or longer in the original version) fairly repetitive trance/techno; However, I find this song to be full of variations through each section. There are comprehensive lyrics, several verses in fact, with a refrain/chorus and layer upon layer of ambient instrumentation. I can’t get enough of it. I somehow feel like this song is a link to the future of music. I know, I may be way off base and consider it possible that no souls share my opinion of said work, but there are deeper psyche triggers, I find, in the soothing melodic tones that strike me as rather nostalgic – of what I’m not sure, but nostalgic nonetheless. I hope you enjoy. If not, let me know. Leave a comment, I’d love to hear your opinion!
Shows this up-coming weekend:
Thursday, February 11th
- Kevin Dean at Harry’s Tinaja in Alpine, 8:00 PM.
Friday, February 12th
- Open Mic Night at Harry’s Tinaja in Alpine, 8:00 PM.
- Kevin Dean at La Trattoria in Alpine, 6:30 PM.
- No Refund Band at The Railroad Blues in Alpine, 10:00 PM.
Saturday, February 13th
- Mike McClure Band at The Railroad Blues in Alpine, 10:00 PM.
- Ron Thielman’s High Society Orchestra at Paisano Ballroom, 8:00 PM.
Sunday, February 14th
- The Dry Creek Diggers at Harry’s Tinaja in Alpine, 8:00 PM.
Monday, February 15th
- Lonesome Cowboy at the Starlight Theater in Terlingua, 8:00 PM.
Tuesday, February 16th
- Big Mountain Boogaloo at Harry’s Tinaja in Apline, 8:00 PM.
- Doug Scharnberg at the Starlight Theater in Terlingua, 8:00 PM.
[Do you have a local live music event here in the Big Bend? Share it with the world, email Matt Hodges at email@example.com You can also leave it as a comment on this post.]
– – –
This article is brought to you by these local sponsors:
Railroad Blues The premier live music venue in the Big Bend– Try their world famous Sangria!
La Posada Milagro– Beautiful, unique rooms in the Historic Terlingua Ghosttown
La Junta Exchange– Vintage Clothing, Local Art, Curios