This Week in Alpine:
• November 18th-19th – Art Walk 2011 is here!! This lively event will take place from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday. Over 23 galleries will be part of this annual event. The Budweiser stage on Fifth Street will feature live music both nights. Musical guests include: Augie Meyers, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Lincoln Durham, Matt Skinner and Bonnie Bishop.
• November 18th – Ray Wylie Hubbard, a true Texas music legend, will take the stage at the Railroad Blues at 10 p.m. This music icon mixes country, blues and folk sounds with free-thinking lyrics to create a captivating performance. Guthrie Kennard will be part of the fun too, so don’t be late!
• November 19th – The 1st Annual Weight Pull of the Big Bend is scheduled for 10 a.m. at Kokernot Park. Called Super Pull I, this event is a timeless tradition that showcases the training and strength of dogs. Proceeds benefit The Texas Alaskan Malamute Rescue Association (TAMR).
• November 12th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• November 18th – The Chisos Mountain Lodge will feature the poignant jams of Trevor Reichman this Friday at 5 p.m. This worldly artist mixes simple lyrics with a quirky delivery to create a unique and memorable performance.
This Week in Marfa:
• November 18th – Padre’s Marfa is happy to welcome back North America, a dynamic duo that will have you seeing double. This rock sensation is comprised of twin brothers who know how to get the party started! The show starts at 9 p.m.
• November 20th – The Chinati Foundation invites you to a community potluck and presentation at the Crowley Theater. Lawrence Weschler will present, “Uncanny Valley: On the Digital Animation of the Face.” The event starts at 7 p.m. and guests should bring their favorite covered dish or drink to share.
• November 19th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• November 18th – Jobuk Johnson will entertain the patrons at the Starlight Theater and Restaurant with his smooth jazz sounds this Friday. Johnson refers to his unique mix of country and jazz guitar riffs as “Jackalope Jazz.” Don’t miss the show!
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• November 25th – Sunset at Chinati
• November 26th – Turkey Trot in Marfa
• November 26th – Broomdust Caravan at the Railroad Blues