[Big Bend Live Music is a new feature brought to you by Matt Hodges, Contributing Editor Music. If you have a gig you’d like to share with the world, email him at email@example.com]
Matt’s Pick this week goes to the Alpine Public Library Benefit Concert Friday at the Railroad Blues in honor of the
- Tremoloco at The Railroad Blues, 10:00 PM.
- The Doodlin’ Hogwallops at Harry’s Tinaja, 8:00 PM.
- Alpine Public Library Benefit Concert at The Railroad Blues, 10:00 PM. A stellar array of high-quality local music will be featured, including the Doodlin’ Hogwallops, Find the Nines, Clam Dip, A Few Too Many, Big Mountain Boogaloo, and more! Admission is a $5 donation to the Library.
- The Dry Creek Pickers at Harry’s Tinaja, 8:00 PM.
- Wendy Lynn Wright and Paul Graybeal at Hotel Paisano, 7:00 PM.
- The Moon Dogs of Marfa at Padres Marfa. 8:00 PM.
- Radio La Chusma at The Railroad Blues, 10:00 PM.
- Open Mic Night at Harry’s Tinaja, 8:00 PM.
- Big Mountain Boogaloo at Harry’s Tinaja, 8:00 PM.
- Amy Bobruk at Padres Marfa, 7:00 PM.
TALK AT TEN can be heard weekdays live at 10 AM and reprised at 6:30 PM, on KRTS 93.5 FM.
- Thursday, July 30: Kay Burnett, author of “No Ode To Widows,” plus,
author Joe Nick Patoski.
- Friday, July 31: Author Wyatt McSpadden, plus author Chris Sorrentino.
- Then at 4:45, the Friday Business Roundup.
- Monday, August 3: Architects working on Marfa’s “Ghost House.”
- Tuesday, August 4: Mischa Kuball, Chinati Foundation artist-in-
- Wednesday, August 5: Musician Aimee Bobruk, from Austin.
- Thursday, August 6: Helen Harkness, on career management.
For more MPR info, click here.