This Week in Alpine:
• March 22nd – The Railroad Blues will host folk rock artist Michael Fracasso this Thursday night. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there is no cover!
• March 23rd -24th – The Sul Ross Theater Department is proud to present their first production of the theater season, “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.” The first show will be Friday night in the Studio Theater in the Francois Fine Arts Building at 8:15 p.m. An encore performance will be held on Saturday night at the same time.
• March 24th – This Saturday, Kokernot Park is the place to be for great chili, a charity softball tournament and lots of fun. This wonderful event is being held in support of the West Texas Food Bank. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
• March 24th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• March 23rd – Big Bend National Park offers daily ranger-led events. Join Volunteer Jim Allen at 9 a.m. for a walk on the Lost Mine Trail this Friday. Participants should meet at the Lost Mine Trailhead and bring water, a hat and good walking shoes. This breathtaking walk will take approximately two hours. For a list of other programs visit http://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/interp-programs.htm
This Week Fort Davis:
• March 20th and 23rd -24th – The McDonald Observatory hosts Star Parties for visitors every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. These educational programs start at 6 p.m. and are considered a “can’t miss” attraction in West Texas!
This Week in Marfa:
• March 20th – Padre’s Marfa will host Emperor X and Body Parts on Tuesday night. The show starts 9 p.m. and there is a $5 cover.
• March 17th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• March 24th – The Starlight Theater and Restaurant will host a Funky Junk Art Show this Saturday night. Rocky Top Alien Breeding Experiment will provide the music and Diego and company will offer up some “white trash” treats. Sounds like a deliciously weird time! The party starts at 7 p.m.
• March 24th – The Terlingua Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Ghost Town. Local produce, artisan cheeses and breads, handmade crafts and local art are all available for purchase.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• March 30th – Brewster County 125th Anniversary Celebration
• March 30th – 31st – Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at Sul Ross State University