This Week in Alpine:
- October 7th – The Lovelies are back by popular demand at the Railroad Blues. Featuring vocalist Perla Cruz, who finished in the 4th Round of American Idol, this high-energy band is sure to get the joint rocking!
- October 8th – Billboard Magazine described Del Castillo’s sound by saying, “They pull together Latin music’s romance and rock’s grit.” Del Castillo mixes flamenco, rock, Latin and Blues sounds to create a one-of-a-kind listening experience. This award-winning band will take the stage at 10 p.m. on Saturday night.
- October 8th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
- October 9th –Big Bend National Park is the place to be on National Fossil Day. Dr. Thomas Lehman of Texas Tech University will present a program titled, “Fossils of Big Bend National Park: A Lost World Revealed.” This presentation will offer a glimpse of life in the age of the dinosaurs and provide a look at current projects underway in the park. The event starts at 8:00 p.m. at the Chisos Basin Amphitheater.
This Week in Marfa:
- October 6th – Butch Hancock will deliver an intimate solo show at Padre’s Marfa on Thursday night. The fun starts at 8:30 p.m. with opening act Hank Woji.
- October 7th-9th – The Chinati Foundation will hold a series of events from Friday night to Sunday morning in celebration of its’ 25th Anniversary. The event kicks off with a benefit dinner and preview of the Hiroshi Sugimoto and Jean Arp exhibitions. Other events include lectures by the featured artists and a ranch breakfast at Casa Perez, Donald Judd’s ranch at the base of Pinto Canyon.
- October 8th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- October 8th – The International Women’s Foundation will host a reception for Lotus Room, a collection of art by Chris Lattanzio, at Building 98. The exhibit will be available for viewing through October 25th.
This Week in Terlingua:
- October 3rd – The Starlight Theater and Restaurant will feature the poignant jams of Trevor Reichman at 7 p.m. This worldly artist mixes simple lyrics with a quirky deliver to create a unique and memorable performance.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
- October 14th-16th – 17th Annual Terlingua Music Bash
- October 15th-16th – Harvest Moon Tardeada & Fall Bazaar at Our Lady of Peace
- October 15th – 100 Year Celebration Of Aviation History of the Big Bend