This Week in Alpine:
• December 2nd-3rd – The Annual Mountain Country Christmas Bazaar will be held at the Alpine Civic Center starting on Friday afternoon. This event is sponsored by the Women’s Club of Alpine and the City of Alpine. Join the fun from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
• December 3rd – Straight from New Orleans, The Drakes will be rocking the stage at the Railroad Blues on Saturday night. This high-energy band will start the party at 10 p.m.
• December 3rd – (Marathon) The Annual “Marathon Clinic” Community Health Fair will take place at the Marathon Community Center from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• December 3rd – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• Who needs scheduled events when you have soaring mountains, a roaring river and an abundance of wildlife? Enjoy the natural beauty of Big Bend this week!
This Week in Marfa:
• December 3rd – Padre’s Marfa is the place to be on Saturday night when Buxton hits the stage. This award-winning band hails from Houston and promises to deliver a rocking show! The event starts at 8:30 p.m. with local Andy Schneider.
• December 3rd – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• November 30th – The Starlight Theater and Restaurant is the perfect place to break up the monotony of the work week. The Whitmores will get you re-energized with a performance starting at 6 p.m.
• December 3rd – Jobuk Johnson will entertain the patrons at the Starlight Theater and Restaurant with his smooth jazz sounds this Saturday. Johnson refers to his unique mix of country and jazz guitar riffs as “Jackalope Jazz.” Don’t miss the show!
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• December 6th – “The Lost Colony: Texas Regionalist Paintings” at the Museum of the Big Bend
• December 9th-11th – LAND Presents “Nothing Beside Remains” weekend in Marfa