This Week in Alpine:
• March 1st -3rd – The Texas Academy of Sciences will hold their 115th annual meeting at Sul Ross State University from Thursday through Saturday. Presentations, a screening of “The PHD Movie” and other events will be held throughout the meeting.
• March 2nd – The Railroad Blues will host No Refund Band on Thursday night at 1 p.m. This rhythm and blues band is sure to rock the house. Don’t miss out!
• March 2nd – 3rd – The Studio Theater of the Francois Fine Arts Building will be the location of the Micro Cinema: Independent Film Presentations. Performances will start at 7 p.m. both nights.
• March 3rd –Walt Wilkins and The Mystiqueros will hit the stage at the Railroad Blues at 10 p.m.
• March 3rd – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• Head over the Starlight Theater and Restaurant and enjoy a full slate of events! Make sure you enjoy the natural beauty of the area on the drive over.
This Week Fort Davis:
• February 28th and March 1st and 3rd – The McDonald Observatory hosts Star Parties for visitors every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. These educational programs start at 6 p.m. and are considered a “can’t miss” attraction in West Texas!
This Week in Marfa:
• February 28th –The Marfa Chamber of Commerce will host the first installment of their 2012 Education Series. The program is entitled “So You Want to Start Your Own Business?” and it will be held at the Marfa Book Company. The event will run from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the discussion is free for members and $10 for non-members.
• March 2nd – 3rd – The spring visual arts exhibition, Data Deluge, will open at Ballroom Marfa this weekend. An opening reception will be held on Friday night at 6 p.m.
• March 4th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• February 29th – The Starlight Theater and Restaurant is the perfect place to break up the monotony of the work week. The Whitmores will get you re-energized with a performance starting at 6 p.m.
• March 2nd – The Jigglewatts Burlesque Review from Austin will be at the Starlight Theater on Friday at 9 p.m. This cabaret show is meant for a mature audience, so leave the kids at home.
• March 3rd – The Terlingua Volunteer Fire Department and Emergency Services will hold its’ 2nd annual Fireman’s Ball, featuring the Craig Carter and the Spur of the Moment Band. Tickets are $10 at the door and the party starts at 9 p.m.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• March 7th -9th – The 2012 Geological Society of America South Central Annual Meeting
• March 10th -17th – The Fort Davis National Historical Society Spring Break Week