This Week in Alpine:
• October 28th – The Colin Gilmore Band will bring their alternative/indie-rock sound to the Railroad Blues on Friday night. The show will start at 10 p.m., so don’t be late!
• October 29th – Dress up your kiddos (and yourselves!) and head to the Alpine Halloween parade. The parade will start at 5:30 p.m. at 704 W. Sul Ross and a carnival will follow at the Alpine Middle School. Don’t miss out on the candy, games or cake walk!
• October 29th – The 17th Annual Halloween Bash at the Railroad Blues is sure to be a howlin’ good time! The Shades will be rocking on the stage and the drinks will be flowing. The fun starts at 10 p.m.
• October 29th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• October 27th – The Chisos Basin Amphitheater will be the site of a special evening program titled, “Scorpion.” Ranger J. Jurado will present an informative presentation on one of our most feared little creatures. The event starts at 8 p.m.
This Week in Marfa:
• October 28th – Marfa is in the Halloween spirit too! Head to the Marfa USO building for the Friends of the Marfa Public Library Annual Halloween Party. The event will run from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• October 29th – Padre’s Marfa will host one of Ojinaga’s most popular bands on Saturday night. Acuario 90 will be jamming their killer cumbia rhythms starting at 9:30 p.m. Wear your costume for a night of dancing and good eats too!
• October 29th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• October 26th – Jobuk Johnson will entertain the patrons at the Starlight Theater and Restaurant with his smooth jazz sounds this Wednesday. Johnson refers to his unique mix of country and jazz guitar riffs as “Jackalope Jazz.” Don’t miss the show!
• October 29th – The Starlight Theater and Restaurant is the place to be on Saturday night! Hank Woji performs from 6-9 and then Fire Dancing kicks off the Monster Mash Dance Party! Activities will include a costume contest, photo booth and more!
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• November 4th-6th – The 45th Annual Terlingua Chili Cook-off
• November 4th – “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” at Sul Ross State University
• November 5th – Big Bend Down Syndrome Buddy Walk