This Week in Alpine:
• December 19th – 20th – Head to Kokernot Lodge and check out the 22nd Annual live Nativity Scene. Performances start at 7 p.m. and refreshments will be served. The scene will only be available Monday and Tuesday night, so don’t miss out!
• December 22nd – The Railroad Blues will feature two amazing bands on Thursday night! John Hogan and Maria Moss will showcase their original folk sound, followed by local favorites The Doodilin’ Hogwallops! The show starts at 10 p.m. and admission is only $5!
• December 23rd – Grupo de la Paz will host a Christmas Fiesta at the Railroad Blues on Friday night. Take a break before Christmas and head over for a good time! Bring your out of town guest too! The fun kicks off at 10 p.m.
• December 24th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• Who needs formal events when you are surrounded by the picturesque scenery of Big Bend National Park? Big Bend does host a multitude of events during the year, but this week you will have to just take a load off and enjoy the fresh mountain air!
This Week Fort Davis:
• December 20th and 23rd – The McDonald Observatory hosts Star Parties for visitors every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. These educational programs start at 6 p.m. and are considered a “can’t miss” attraction in West Texas! There will be no Star Party on Saturday this week in celebration of Christmas Eve.
This Week in Marfa:
• December 20th – The Marfa Book Company will host Augie Fernandes, Director of the West Texas Food Bank, at 6 p.m. Ultimately, the goal of the presentation is to familiarize the public with the food bank and work toward ending hunger in our area.
• December 24th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• December 23rd – Jobuk Johnson will entertain the patrons at the Starlight Theater and Restaurant with his smooth jazz sounds. Johnson refers to his unique mix of country and jazz guitar riffs as “Jackalope Jazz.” The show starts at around 7 p.m.
• December 24th – The Terlingua Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Ghost Town. Local produce, artisan cheeses and breads, handmade crafts and local art are all available for purchase.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• December 27th – 30th – Chinati Art Classes for Children
• December 31st – New Year’s Eve at Padre’s Marfa
• December 31st – New Year’s Eve at El Cosmico
• December 31st – The Lovelies at The Railroad Blues