This Week in Alpine:
- September 3rd– 5th –The Big Bend Balloon Bash takes the fun to new heights in Alpine over Labor Day weekend. This visually stunning event takes place at the Alpine-Casparis Airport. Gates open at 7 a.m. each day and guests have the opportunity to see hot air balloon flying from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- September 2nd – Live from the Railroad Blues, JP and the Gilberts will be providing the perfect whiskey drinking atmosphere for music lovers who are looking for a good time. The show starts at 10 p.m.
- September 3rd – The Railroad Blues keeps the party going with The Damn Torpedos on Saturday night. This amazing cover band will be jamming all of your favorite Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers classics, starting at 10 p.m.
- September 4th – Joe King Carrasco and the Crowns offers the perfect blend of Tex-Mex beats and rock and roll attitude. This legendary band has been recognized by both Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen and is the perfect way to end your Labor Day Weekend! The band kicks things off at the Railroad Blues at 10 p.m.
This Week in Big Bend:
- September 1st – Starting Thursday and continuing through September 30th, outdoor enthusiasts can experience Big Bend State Park on the seat of a mountain bike. Guided tours range from one to four hours and offer participants the opportunity to explore some of the most rugged terrain in the park. Advance reservations are required to participate in this incredible experience.
This Week in Marfa:
- September 2nd-4th – The 25th Annual Marfa Lights Festival is one of the most fun-filled events of the entire year. Located around the Presidio County Courthouse, the festival features live music, arts and crafts booths and tasty fair food. The festivities begin at 5 p.m. on Friday, with street dances on both Friday and Saturday nights. Put on your dancing shoes and make your way to Marfa as this year’s festival promises to be the best one yet! Maybe we can finally figure out what’s behind those mystery Marfa Texas Lights.
- September 3rd – Getting kinky in Marfa is easier than ever at the Crowley Theater. Becoming Kinky: The World According to Kinky Friedman, a critically acclaimed play starring Jesse Dayton, offers a humorous look at the larger than life personality of one of Texas’ most iconic figures. Benefiting Marfa Public Radio and Marfa Arts Live, the curtain will open on this hysterical production at 9 p.m. Don’t be late!
- September 4th – Early risers and nature lovers shouldn’t miss out on Sunrise at Chinati and the Desert Nature Walk. Beginning at 7 a.m. visitors will be treated to a special viewing of Donald Judd’s 100 works in mill aluminum and 15 works in concrete. The Presidio County and Marfa 4-H Club Intermediate Grass Identification Team and the Tierra Grande chapter of Texas Master Naturalists will lead a nature walk from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on the open grasslands of the museum property.
This Week in Terlingua:
- You know what they say, “What happens in Terlingua, Stays in Terlingua!” If there is an organized event this week in Terlingua, local residents aren’t sharing the details! The Starlight Theater and Restaurant is always entertaining, so head that way and get yourself into some trouble.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
- September 9th – Candye Kane at Railroad Blues
- September 10th – FarmStand Marfa
Photo by Zanastardust