I was asked to complete this list by a dear friend. I am very intrigued by what I will eventually list, and you can be assured that the list you are reading now has probably gone through several revisions.
If someone out there can’t understand why a particular album made the list, it is probably because I have better musical taste than you. This list is in no particular order and should not be taken as such!
Keep in mind–the albums I am listing, and that you are being asked to list, are those that somehow changed your life, resonated with you most deeply, or that you couldn’t (and perhaps still can’t) get out of your head. These are albums that can transport you instantly to another time, another place, another frame of mind.
1. New Order–Power, Corruption and Lies
2. The Smiths
3. The Cure–Pornography
5. AC/DC–Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
6. R.E.M.–Fables of the Reconstruction
7. Joy Division–Closer
8. Prince and the Revolution–Purple Rain
9. The Magnetic Fields–House of Tomorrow EP
10. Husker Du–Flip Your Wig
11. The Dandy Warhols Come Down
12. DEVO–Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
13. The Velvet Underground and Nico
14. Love and Rockets–Express
15. Urgh! A Music War!