This Week in Alpine:
- December 31st – The Railroad Blues will host The Lovelies on Saturday night. This rock powerhouse will provide the perfect soundtrack to take you into the New Year! The night will feature lots of party favors, champagne at midnight, a balloon drop & more! The fun starts at 10 p.m.
- December 31st – The Sul Ross State University Lobo Basketball teams will take on Howard Payne this Saturday at the Gallego Gym. The women’s game starts at 1 p.m. and the men take the court at 3 p.m.
- December 31st – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
- December 31st – The Lajitas Golf Resort and Spa will host their Annual New Year’s Eve Festival. This year, the Jon Hogan Band from Austin will be the featured performer. The fun will take place in the pavilion and good friends and good music are promised!
This Week in Marfa:
- December 27th-30th – The Chinati Foundation will offer FREE children’s art classes this week. Dates and times are based on your child’s age and there are classes for ages 3 through 8th grade. Don’t miss out on this fantastic philanthropic event hosted on the museum grounds! Sign up on the Chinati Foundation web site.
- December 30th – Ballroom Marfa is ringing in the New Year early with a film screening featuring a live score by multi-instrumentalist Shahzad Ismaily at the Crowley Theater. This year Ismaily has chosen Charlie Chaplin’s “The Kid” as the featured movie. The doors open at 7 p.m.
- December 31st – Padre’s Marfa will feature Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Butch Hancock on Saturday night. Colin Gilmore opens the show at 8 p.m. The bar will be open until 1 a.m. and tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance. The show is expected to sell out, so get them while they are hot!
- December 31st – El Cosmico will host a New Year’s Eve party complete with champagne cocktails, xocolatl mole bitters, chocolate tamales and a mellophonic dj. There is no cover for this event and the fun starts at 5 p.m.
- December 31st – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
- December 31st – The Starlight Theater and Restaurant will host Slim Richey and the Jitterbug Vipers on New Year’s Eve. The night will be full of swing dancing, champagne and party favors. There will be a $10 cover at the door.
- December 31st – The Terlingua Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Ghost Town. Local produce, artisan cheeses and breads, handmade crafts and local art are all available for purchase.
- January 1st – In case you didn’t get enough at the Starlight the night before, they are hosting the First Annual Townes Van Zandt Wake on New Year’s Day. This event will feature music by Hank Woji, Ann Armstrong and Steve Hughes, The Rocky Top Alien Breeding Experiment, Stuart Burns, Emily Clepper, Kem Watts and more! Performances will start at 7 p.m.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
- January 6th – Maria Moss and Jon Hogan at Padre’s Marfa
- January 7th – Josh Weathers and The True Endeavors at the Railroad Blues