This Week in Alpine:
- October 21st – Rocker Jon Dee Graham, a legend on the Austin music scene, will hit the stage at the Railroad Blues at 10 p.m. In 2006, the readers of the Austin Chronicle named him Austin Musician of the Year. Don’t miss out on this rocking show!
- October 22nd – Singer-songwriter Shawn Colvin will be performing a benefit concert for KRTS 93.5 FM at the Granada Theater. This Grammy Award winning superstar mixes poignant lyrics with sultry melodies to create a dynamic one woman show. She is arguably best known for the single, “Sunny Came Home,” but has been making relevant music for over twenty years. The show begins at 8 p.m.
- October 22nd – The 20th Annual 4-H Open Freestyle Reining will take place at the Sul Ross S.A.L.E. Arena. Special guest Brice Chapman (A man, a dog and his horse) will perform at 9:30 a.m.
- October 22nd – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
- October 21st – The Chisos Mountain Lodge will feature the poignant jams of Trevor Reichman this Friday at 6 p.m. This worldly artist mixes simple lyrics with a quirky delivery to create a unique and memorable performance.
This Week in Marfa:
- October 21st – The Watkins Family Hour will perform at the Crowley Theater at 7:30 p.m. Sean and Sara Watkins welcome their special guest Michael Nesmith for an event to remember. This event is sponsored by The Gihon Program for the Performing Arts and Marfa Live Arts. Don’t miss out on this free night of fun!
- October 21st – Padre’s Marfa will feature two amazing bands from Houston this Friday night at 9 p.m. The Captain Legendary Band and Roky Moon and Bolt will get you on your feet with their rock-and-roll sounds!
- October 22nd – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
- October 19th – The Starlight Theater and Restaurant is the perfect place to break up the monotony of the work week. The Whitmores will get you re-energized with a performance starting at 6 p.m.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
- October 26th – The Reading at the Crowley Theater
- October 28th – Colin Gilmore Band at the Railroad Blues