This Week in Alpine:
• November 4th – Somebody’s Darling is an eclectic mix of old-school honky-tonk and alternative rock. This Dallas-based band is a hip group of twenty-something rockers that have been making waves in the music scene since the group formed in 2007. The show will start at 10 p.m., so don’t be late!
• November 4th – The Sul Ross Theater Department will host its’ first production of the season starting on Friday and running through November 13th. “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” is a comedy about six young people in the throes of puberty and their less than mature parents. The show starts at 8:15 p.m. at the Studio Theater on campus.
• November 5th – The 1st Annual Buddy Walk will be hosted by the Big Bend Down Syndrome Association on Saturday morning. The walk will begin at 11 a.m. in the West Texas National Bank parking lot and finish in Kokernot Park. The goal of the event is to raise awareness and acceptance of people with Down Syndrome.
• November 5th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• November 3rd-5th – Big Bend will be full of visitors this weekend during the Terlingua Chili Cook-off! The event is such a production that it pretty much encompasses Big Bend and trumps any other event! Just another excuse for you to head on over and check it out!
This Week in Marfa:
• November 5th – If you can’t head down to Terlingua for the Chili Cook-off, Marfa has you covered. While there won’t be chili at the Ranchera Music Festival, there will be outstanding performers, Dia de Los Muertos art, traditional border food and fun to be had by all! The event will be held at the Marfa USO building.
• November 5th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• November 3rd-5th – It’s here! The time of year when music fills the desert sky, competitive spirit is all around and fun is the ultimate goal: The 45th Annual Terlingua Chili Cook-off! The first events will start on Thursday night and the party will continue through Saturday night. The celebration that accompanies the event is almost as famous as the chili that is served. Quirky outfits, zany performers and folks from every walk of life are just part of what makes this event so unique. Don’t miss out nightly music from both local and visiting talent. Local businesses will also feature their own entertainment and delicious food.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• November 11th – The Annual Alpine Chamber of Commerce Texas Hold ‘em Roundup
• November 11th– 1st Annual Jimmy LaFave Music Road Songwriter Rendezvous at the Lajitas Golf Resort and Spa