This Week in Alpine:
- October 15th-16th – The Harvest Moon Tardeada & Fall Bazaar at Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church is the place to be for family fun this weekend. The event will include live music, a parade and food and game booths. This event is perfect for the kids, so load them up and enjoy the cool weather.
- October 15th– While there may not be a multi-terminal airport in Alpine, this small town has a rich history in the field of aviation. The 100 Year Celebration of Aviation History of the Big Bend will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Alpine Casparis Airport and from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Granada Theater. Highlights will include live music by Glenn Miller, static displays of vintage aircrafts and stories by local residents.
- October 15th – Head out to the Railroad Blues for some authentic nawlins’ music from Michael Liuzza and the Ambassadors of Funk. This soulful band will keep the joint rocking with their mix of jazz, blues and funk sounds. The party starts at 10 p.m., so don’t be late!
This Week in Big Bend:
- October 14th-15th – The 14th Annual Ride for Trails Motorcycle Rally will roll into Big Bend National Park this weekend. The ride will raise funds that will provide the necessary tools and support to maintain the hiking trails in the park. The schedule of events includes live music by the Doodlin’ Hogwallops and Los Pinche Gringos, a bike show and a barbeque dinner.
This Week in Marfa:
- October 15th – Did you know who Ozzy Ozbourne was before he was a reality super star? Are you still holding on to your original Black Sabbath albums because you just can’t bear to give them away? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you don’t want to miss The Electric Funeral Bros at Padre’s Marfa. The Electric Funeral Bros features Adam Bork and Kevin McKinney doing nothing but the hits of Black Sabbath. The show starts at 9 p.m.
- October 15th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
- October 14th-16th – The 17th Annual Terlingua Music Bash will wake up the desert this weekend with live performances, a parade and free camping at Gareth Park. Hosted by Gareth Angleton and Al Barlow, this unique musical event shouldn’t be missed! I hear this is the “Year of True Love,” so maybe cupid will make an appearance too!
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
- October 21st –The Captain Legendary Band and Roky Moon and Bolt at Padre’s Marfa
- October 21st – The Watkins Family Hour at the Crowley Theater
- October 22nd – Shawn Colvin at the Granada Theater