This Week in Alpine:
• January 26th – The Railroad Blues will welcome The Ataris to the stage for a very special Thursday night show! This alternative rock group has garnered national attention for their two radio hits and five albums. The fun starts at 10 p.m. and S.H.I.L.O. will open the show.
• January 26th – The Sul Ross State University Fine Arts and Communications Department will host San Antonio vocalists Shannon Marie Earle and Keith Earle. The concert will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Marshall Auditorium and will feature music by Mozart, Puccini, Lalo and Duke and other popular selections.
• January 28th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• January 28th – Big Bend National Park offers daily ranger-led events. Join Volunteer Jim Allen at 10 a.m. for a walk on the Lost Mine Trail this Saturday. Participants should meet at the Lost Mine Trailhead and bring water, a hat and good walking shoes. This breathtaking walk will take approximately two hours. For a list of other programs visit http://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/interp-programs.htm.
This Week Fort Davis:
• January 28th – The Texas Master Naturalists Board of Directors invite members and interested citizens to the Indian Lodge Conference Room on Saturday at 10 a.m. for its “Pounding Party.” Attendees are asked to bring either a pound of lard or peanut butter, which will be used to make homemade bird food. Other activities include lunch, a nature hike and presentations by special guests. Attendees should RSVP to Ellen Weinacht at 432-375-2325 or email@example.com.
This Week in Marfa:
• January 26th – Padre’s Marfa will host Grupo Fantasma on Thursday night. This Grammy award winning band will play their Latin Cumba hits starting at 8:30 p.m. Advance tickets can be purchased at Padre’s.
• January 28th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• January 29th – The Marfa Chamber of Commerce will celebrate their 100th Birthday with a party at Building 98 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. This event will also serve as the official launch of the 2012 Membership Drive. Cake and cocktails will be served and new levels of membership will be unveiled by Chamber leadership.
This Week in Terlingua:
• January 28th – The Terlingua Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Ghost Town. Local produce, artisan cheeses and breads, handmade crafts and local art are all available for purchase.
• January 29th – The 11th Terlingua Area Home Tour will feature five unique homes that showcase a number of different construction techniques. A wine and cheese reception at Expresso y Poco Mas will follow each tour. Tour times are 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. This event benefits Last Minute Low Budget Production, a nonprofit group dedicated to the performing arts in South Brewster County.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• February 4th – Fort Davis Chamber of Commerce Annual Social & Scholarship Fundraiser
• February 5th – Super Bowl Party at The Railroad Blues