This Week in Alpine:
• February 23rd – The Bleu Edmondson Band will take the stage at the Railroad Blues on Thursday night. This fierce band fuses rock, country and soul music to create a one-of-a-kind sound. They hit the stage at 10 p.m.
• February 24th -26th – The 26th Annual Texas Cowboy Poetry Gathering will be held at Sul Ross State University this weekend. There is a full schedule of events planned and tickets are available starting at 1 p.m. on Thursday. Headliners include Mary Abbott, Apache Adams, Sally Bates, Bob Campbell, Craig Carter, John Davis, Jeff Gore, Chris Isaacs, Jill Jones, Glen Moreland, Rod Taylor, Washtub Jerry and many more!
• February 25th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• February 25th – Big Bend National Park offers daily ranger-led events. Join Volunteer Jim Allen at 10 a.m. for a walk this Saturday. Participants should meet at the Rio Grande Village Amphitheater parking lot and bring water, a hat and good walking shoes. This breathtaking bird walk will take approximately two hours. For a list of other programs visit http://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/interp-programs.htm.
This Week in Fort Davis:
• February 21st, 24th and 25th – The McDonald Observatory hosts Star Parties for visitors every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. These educational programs start at 6 p.m. and are considered a “can’t miss” attraction in West Texas!
This Week in Marfa:
• February 25th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• February 26th – The Chinati Foundation and Marfa Book Company will host a free bookbinding workshop Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Marfa Book Company.
This Week in Terlingua:
• February 21st – Jobuk Johnson will entertain the patrons at the Starlight Theater and Restaurant with his smooth jazz sounds. Johnson refers to his unique mix of country and jazz guitar riffs as “Jackalope Jazz.”
• February 25th – The Terribly Beautiful Art Show and Dance at the Starlight Theater is going to be one heck of a good time this Saturday. The restaurant will be full of art and Vapocrunch and Bowflexx will be rocking the house.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• March 2nd and 3rd – Micro Cinema: Independent Film Presentations at Sul Ross State University
• March 3rd – Walt Wilkins and The Mystiqueros at the Railroad Blues