This Week in Alpine:
• December 9th – The Cowboy Christmas Ball will be held this weekend at the Granada Theater. This annual event is regarded as one of the “events of the year” by many residents. Tickets can be purchased at Big Bend Saddlery and Johnson’s Feed & Western Store or through Chance Campbell, SRSU Rodeo Coach. The party starts at 7 p.m.
• December 9th – The Luke Olsen Band will bring their soulful country sounds to the Railroad Blues at 10 p.m.
• December 10th – “The Lost Colony: Texas Regionalist Paintings” art exhibit at the Museum of the Big Bend opens this Saturday. The Museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
• December 11th – The Alpine Community Band will put on a concert of Christmas music at the Marshall Auditorium at 3 p.m. This free event is the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
• December 10th – Head out to the Big Bend Thrift Store on the corner of 5th Street and Avenue A for Alpine’s weekly Farmer’s Market. This quaint event features fresh veggies from local growers, baked goods and homemade crafts.
This Week in Big Bend:
• How about you head to the Lajitas Golf Resort and Spa for a massage at the Agave Spa? The holidays can be a stressful time of year and a facial or spa treatment is the perfect way to help you unwind!
This Week in Marfa:
• December 8th – The Lighting of the Community Christmas Tree will take place on Thursday night starting at 5 p.m. This family-friendly event will feature Christmas carols, a visit by Santa, refreshments and a couple of great holiday contests. Don’t forget to bring your canned goods as a donation to the West Texas Food Bank.
• December 9th-11th – LAND Presents “Nothing Beside Remains” weekend in Marfa. The Los Angeles Nomadic Division will host a weekend that includes performances and programming by exhibiting artists, selected screenings and guided tours of the exhibition. All events are free and open to the public.
• December 10th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
• December 7th – Jobuk Johnson will entertain the patrons at the Starlight Theater and Restaurant with his smooth jazz sounds. Johnson refers to his unique mix of country and jazz guitar riffs as “Jackalope Jazz.”
• December 10th – The Starlight Theater presents a night of Lights in the Sky. This luminous art party will feature worldly photos, fantastic fire performances and other mixed media by local artists. The event starts at 8 p.m. and the art exhibit will hang thru the end of December.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
• December 15th – The Annual Chamber of Commerce 3rd Thursday Mixer and Christmas Party
• December 17th – THE Who Said Vaudeville Was Dead? SHOW at the Starlight Theater