This Week in Alpine:
- September 24th – Ray Wylie Hubbard, a true Texas music legend, will take the stage at the Railroad Blues at 10 p.m. This music icon mixes country, blues and folk sounds with free-thinking lyrics to create a captivating performance. Lincoln Durham will open the show, so don’t be late!
- September 24th – The 5th Annual Heaven to Hell Motorcycle event will take place this Saturday. This 300-mile trip will take riders on a scenic tour of the Texas Mountain Region. Participation is limited to 100, so if you want to hit the pavement with these rough riders be sure and sign up as soon as possible. This event is sponsored by the Alpine Chamber of Commerce.
This Week in Big Bend:
- September 22nd – Head to the Chisos Basin Amphitheater at 8:30 p.m. for, “Dinosaurs! Exciting, Entertaining and…Extinct?” This ranger-guided program will offer a look at the prehistoric creatures that roamed the Big Bend Region long ago. Bring a flashlight for interactive fun!
- September 23rd – Bird watching enthusiasts shouldn’t miss “The Best Bird?” on Friday morning at 8:30 a.m. Visitors will be led on a two hour bird watching adventure while a trained ranger offers tips on identifying some of the resident and migrant species found in the Big Bend. Meet at Rio Grande Village Amphitheater parking lot for this relaxing and informative event.
This Week in Marfa:
- September 23rd-25th – All you need is a free spirit and a willing heart to attend the 6th Annual Trans-Pecos Festival of Music and Love at El Cosmico. This hip event will feature awesome music, tasty food, unique art installations and camping under the Marfa stars. Special guest performers include Patty Griffin, Ben Kweller, Barbara Lynn and The Black Angels. There will also be a sandlot baseball game between the Austin’s Texas Playboys and Marfa’s Los Yonke Gallos. Don’t miss out on this one-of-a-kind event!
- September 24th – Located along the railroad tracks on South Highland, Farm Stand Marfa features locally grown produce, food to-go and arts and crafts every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
This Week in Terlingua:
- September 21st – La Kiva hosts open mic night every Wednesday. Check out the funky atmosphere and killer drink specials while listening to outstanding local talent at this local restaurant and bar.
A Look at Next Week’s Events:
- September 30th-October 1st – “Los Pocitos” at the Crowley Theater
- October 1st – Shelby Mustang Car Show at The Stable Performance Cars in Alpine